Knowledge is Power
Use these merchant resources to improve your business operations.
Resources for Accepting Card Payments
- Card Acceptance Guide
- Card Services Terms & Conditions
- PayTrace Terms & Conditions
- Vantage Submerchant Agreement Version 08-22
- Vantage High Risk & Acceptable Use Policy
- Visa Operating Rules and Regulations
- MasterCard Worldwide Operating Rules
- Discover Merchant Info
- Payment Card Industry Data Security
- Card Acceptance Best Practices
- Use the AVS and CVV2 card features to mitigate fraud
As you strive to serve your valued customers, please keep these important Best Practices in mind:
- Refunds should always be issued back to the card that they were originally processed on.
- Issue the refund quickly. You want to avoid a dispute being issued from your cardholder.
- Disputes can happen. Make sure you are on the lookout for documentation from the processor which will allow you to respond.
- Communicate. Continue to work with your customers and make sure they are aware of any existing policies and any changes you decide to make.
- DO NOT issue a refund by cash or check. The issuer will not be able to trace this refund and a dispute would still be valid.
- Contact us. Let us know if your business is currently or will be impacted in the near future. We are here to help and can advise the best way to handle certain scenarios. Email us at S[email protected] or call 800-397-2380 for assistance.