Effective Date: 1/13/2020
- Overview and Agreement
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Sharing of Information
- Non-U.S. Users
- Information Security and Confidentiality
- California Privacy Rights
- Other Web Sites
- Business Transfers
- Dispute Resolution
Overview and Agreement
Online privacy concerns focus on the protection of “Personal Information” from unauthorized use. As the term suggests, “Personal Information” is information which can be associated with a specific individual or entity, including, for example, a user’s name, address, or telephone number, e-mail address, photograph, driver’s license information, social security number, bank or other account information any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual, and information about a user that is collected and maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with other Personal Information.
Company has adopted consistent data protection and data security standards for processing the Personal Information of its clients, partners, prospects, and employees. Company holds responsibilities for protecting the privacy of Personal Information, including any personal information being maintained, against threats posed by unauthorized access or misuse. In addition, Company respects individual privacy and shall handle all Personal Information with care.
This policy supports Company’s ability to adapt to a changing marketplace and forms the basis for long-lasting relationships built on trust. This statement also sets important basic conditions for the exchange of data, and a reasonable level of data protection for data flows.
Personal Information We Collect
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Company, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The data we collect may include the following: User-Reported Information: Company collects Personal Information of its clients, prospects and third-party service providers to facilitate customer support, sales, marketing and related operations essential to Company. Company collects information you provide to us such as contact information including name, email address, phone number, and similar data, the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Applications: Using Company’s applications, information can be processed on an organization’s own computers or on computers hosted by Company. In the latter case, Company is an Application Service Provider (ASP). The sign-up process for creating an account for certain applications requires you to provide us with personal contact information. We may also collect certain financial information to create and maintain your account (including without limitation, rent payment amounts and bank account and credit card information).
The types of Personal Information collected at these application pages may include:
- Address (e.g. for billing and shipping)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment card/account information
- Property address
- Other information which is required to complete your request or transaction using the Services or otherwise fulfill your request, which may include personal identification information such as social security number, driver’s license number and similar information.
- information about devices you use to access the Services and how you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and which websites you visited before accessing our Services.
- certain information such as pages viewed, the date, time and length of time spent on the Site, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform, and other transactions performed on the Site.
- If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the device ID and location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
How We Use Personal Information
As a policy, Company uses Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
- Enable, support and customize your use of the Site and/or our products, applications or services;
- provide you with updates and information about our products and services;
- conduct analysis for our business purposes; support development and marketing of our products and services including but not limited to the development and commercialization of new products and services; and
- create de-identified information and then use and disclose this information in any way permitted by law, including to third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts.
Sharing of Information
Law Enforcement/Legal Disclosure: Additionally, notwithstanding any other provision contained herein, to the extent permitted or required by law, regulation or other legal requirement, we will disclose your Personal Information to government authorities or third parties if:
- required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or
Cookies/System Information: We may share the foregoing information with advertisers or other third parties, including our business partners, suppliers and vendors, on an aggregated basis without revealing any Personal Information.
The Site and the Services are directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you choose to use the Site or the Services or provide your Personal Information to us, your Personal Information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located in the United States. Your use of the Site and/or the Services represents your consent and agreement to these practices. If you do not want your Personal Information transferred to or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not use the Site or the Services. In the case that Personal Information is transmitted to Company by you, you must ensure that the Personal Information has been collected in accordance with the applicable legal requirements, and that the use of such Personal Information for the intended use is permitted.
Company informs individuals about the type(s) of Personal Information it collects, the purposes for which it collects and uses Personal Information, and the types of non-agent third parties to which Company discloses or may disclose information, and the choices and means, if any, Company offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language before individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to Company, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Company uses or discloses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
Information Security and Confidentiality
We have implemented technology and security features, methods and processes in an effort to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information from unauthorized access or improper use, and we will seek to continue to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available. All Personal Information is treated confidential; any unauthorized collection, processing, or use of such Personal Information is prohibited. In the context of increasingly flexible company organization, it must be ensured that employees have access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis. The need-to-know principle means that employees may have access to Personal Information only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question. This requires a careful breakdown and separation, as well as implementation, of roles and responsibilities. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and agree that perfect security is not possible, and your Personal Information could still be accessed and used by others without authorization. Personal Information that is no longer needed for its intended purpose will be deleted in compliance with Company’s existing data retention policy.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents may request once a year, free of charge, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by sending an email to [email protected] with “California Privacy Information Request” on the subject line.
Other Web Sites
Business Transfers: We may share the information we collect, including personal information, with any third party in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession) or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Company assets, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company. In the unlikely event of Company’s bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, Company may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
Company will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the principles contained in this statement. Individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding their personal information should first contact Company at [email protected]